SEO Made Simple For Small Businesses
Search Engine Optimization is critical to how visible your content is in the major search engines.
Content is king! It is important to develop helpful content & describe it using specific keywords that you are trying to rank highly for in many places on your website. A great place to start when thinking about search engine optimization is to read Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide. (PDF)
With careful research and analysis, we will choose keywords and develop content that reflects your business and targets the right users. Relevant content and images that relate to the keyword searches are another effective way to optimize your website. Using proper meta tags and search engine techniques that place your website higher in the search engine rankings will give you better-targeted visitors.
After developing your website with structured, keyword-rich content, it is vital to take more steps to increase your search engine rankings.
- Including an XML Sitemap
- submitting your website to various search engines, website directories, & social networks like Facebook and Twitter
- creating regular blog posts
- creating a press release, writing articles, trading links, and participating in forums will all help to improve your website in the organic search results.
Related Posts about SEO
- Blogging for Business: What You Need to Know About WordPress and Content ManagementBlogging is rapidly becoming an integral part of running an online business. While some business owners are quick to dismiss blogging as a waste of time and energy, the statistics are suggesting otherwise. As more and more websites start maintaining a blog, there’s an increased demand for a more blog-friendly content management system (CMS). Although… Continue reading Blogging for Business: What You Need to Know About WordPress and Content Management
- 5 Informative (And Free!) Web Design Tools That Can Teach You More About Your SiteAbove all, websites are vehicles designed to help you achieve larger goals. For example, a restaurant’s site might be created to increase awareness and encourage patrons to visit (or order takeout). An entrepreneur might rely on a website to inform potential clients about his or her services. While a website is an ideal tool for… Continue reading 5 Informative (And Free!) Web Design Tools That Can Teach You More About Your Site
- Instant SEO Boost: How Compressor.io Can Drastically Improve Your Site’s ExposureThis search engine optimization tip goes way back to the early 90s – back when I first started building websites. In the 90s, it was essential to build websites that were quick and optimized because people still had dial-up internet connections. In order to build a fast loading website, you had to be very careful not… Continue reading Instant SEO Boost: How Compressor.io Can Drastically Improve Your Site’s Exposure
- A New WordPress Website for Artist & Musician Henry LeckDavid Martin Design has launched a new WordPress website for Arts Alliance of Greater Bloomington member, Henry Leck at https://henryleck.com. It was a challenge at first to figure out how to best work together due to the Covid-19 pandemic and technology restrictions. We began with a Google Meet and it was great to meet online.… Continue reading A New WordPress Website for Artist & Musician Henry Leck
- 3 Basic Steps to Optimizing Your Website for Search EnginesSEO, when done correctly, takes a ton of effort and it is a very time-consuming process, but for this, you may need professional help from a search engine optimization company. A well structured, planned out website is going to be much more successful in the long run and will result in more relevant traffic and… Continue reading 3 Basic Steps to Optimizing Your Website for Search Engines
Are you interested in optimizing your website for search engines?
Please reach out to David to learn more about how you can benefit from these services.